The glitz and glamour of Hollywood are hard to ignore when media sites like TMZ and Cosmopolitan track and report the every move of celebrities. Usually you can’t help but be amazed at some of their more lavish items (e.g. fancy race cars, expensive mansions, football field sized closets, etc.). When t.v. shows like MTV’s “MTV Cribs” gave us an inside look as to how truly amazing some of these celebrity homes were we all took a moment to reevaluate our home design decisions.
The Celebrity Mindset.
As much as we like to deny it we usually spend an awful amount of time fawning over celebrities and their expensive things (e.g. mansions, cars, purses, etc.). We can’t help but wonder what we would do if we had excessive amounts of money and fame. For many, upgrading to a new home is on the top of their list. So until we all hit the lottery we’ll just have to make do with what we have, right? WRONG! You too can live like a celebrity – minus the cost if you’re savvy, creative, and passionate enough.
Living like a celebrity – minus the cost.
Living rooms are the center of our homes where we gather to converse, watch t.v., and interact with one another. We’re going to explore different ways to create a celebrity feel to our living rooms at half the cost.
- Garage Sales: Like many celebrities homes they are adorned with expensive and intricate paintings. If your home is lacking on the artistic side consider browsing through garage sales. Garage sales are a great way to find antiques, mirrors, and paintings at bargain pricing.
- Secondhand Stores: Like garage sales, secondhand stores usually carry various antiques, figurines, and decor that you could purchase to spruce up yourself or use as is.
- Amazon: Amazon has become the king of all bargain sites. Amazon sellers carry a wide selection of artistic decor and furniture that is sure to bring elegance and charisma to your living room at a reasonable price.
- Furniture Stores: Contrary to celebrity beliefs, you don’t need a $10,000 leather couch to showcase your expensive living room. Cheaper alternatives at your local furniture store can be just as good or even better with some fancy throw pillows.
- Home Stores: There are several stores designed specifically for home needs and goods (e.g. At Home, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, WalMart, Target etc.). You can find great deals and items at your local stores.
Anything is possible with a creative eye and open mind.
[Photos Courtesy of Pixabay]